Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

SERENA WILLIAMS SAYS RETURN TO INDIAN WELLS AFTER A 14 YEAR BOYCOTT A PROUD MOMENT OF HER LIFE

Serena Williams returned to Indian Wells after a 14 year boycott after being booed and heckled during her last appearance at the event in 2001 when she won in the finals.
After the incidence in 2001, Serena's father told the USA Today that she was subjected to racial abuse and Serena vowed never to come back. It took 14 years for her to return to Indian Wells.
Serena William's return to the California tournament met a different atmosphere where she was given a standing ovation as she walked on to the court and sealed a victory against Monica Niculkescu 7-5, 7-5 within two hours.
Serena said about her return, "I didnot know what to expect" " I felt like I made the right decision and I knew I wanted to do it" "It was such a warm feeling. It made me feel incredibly well. And receiving the love from the crowd here It really meant a lot to me".
Serena Williams called return to the California tournament  a proud moment of her life.



photo: BBC

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar