It is the end of another week. I am not sure at all where the month of January went, but it is almost gone. Again today, I am looking back with gratitude at some of the good, although not out of the ordinary, things in my life this past week. I am joining with Susanne and friends over at Living to Tell the Story for Fridays Fave Five and Rebecca Jo at Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday.
Winter sunshine - We had a small snowstorm that cleared out the bad air in the valley, so we had clean air and winter sunshine for our afternoon walks. The temperatures were still below 40 but the snow didn't stay on the ground long. I am grateful that the smog and hazed lifted, at least for a few days.
New morning routine - I decided to set my alarm for 5 a.m. every work day, which only about 20 minutes earlier than I had been getting up. That extra 20 minutes has made all the difference for me this past week. I have been able to read my scriptures and devotionals AND get downstairs to exercise for about 20 minutes before leaving for work. I couldn't believe how much better I felt once I got to school, even with 20 minutes less sleep. I plan to continue with this earlier start, with a little exercise to begin my day.
Vegetarian chili - I made vegetarian chili and cornbread muffins for dinner one night last week. It was a delicious, easy and healthy dinner. I am grateful for for nights when dinner turns out even better than I expected.
Online classes - I finished two more Hillsdale College classes this week, so now I have completed 11.5 hours out of the 20 hours needed to go up on the salary scale. I will be starting a new class tomorrow. My goal is to finish all 20 hours by the end of this year. I am grateful for these FREE classes that are so interesting and helping me move toward a raise. I am learning a lot by taking them.
Fun distraction - I found this game app, Wordus, after another blogger I read posted about it. I am not great at word games, but of all the online games I have tried, I am enjoying this one the most. If you like word games at all, download the app and give it a try.
A good book - Having a good book to read always makes my week better and this one, Home to Harmony by Philip Gulley is an absolute delight. I hope to finish it before the end of the month and include in my January book review post. I am always grateful for good books.
KN95 Masks - We are all tired of masking up after doing so for almost two years. I have been able to wear KN95 masks almost from the very beginning. As a teacher, I am grateful that I have been able to get these masks from school, or I have been given the funding (by the state of Utah) to buy them myself in bulk. I am also grateful that they are (or soon will be) available to free of charge to all who want them. I think that consistently wearing the KN95 masks when I am at school or go out in public has made a difference for me and my health.
Those are just some of the things I am grateful for as January ends. What are you grateful for in this cold, wintry month? I hope your week has been good and that you have a pleasant weekend. See you again soon.
😊Deb💖
"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder."
~ G.K. Chesterton

0 Yorumlar