Yesterday was a very rainy, gloomy, and cool day.
Today we are having thunderstorms.
Two perfect days for staying home and resting.
A year ago I suffered an injury to my trigeminal nerve when I had a deep dental cleaning.
There is a reason they call trigeminal neuralgia the suicide pain. It is the most excruciating pain I have ever felt.
After two months the pain was completely gone and I was hoping that the nerve was healed.
Last week after ten months of being pain-free the pain suddenly came back.
At first, it wasn't as bad as last year, but in the last couple of days, it has really escalated.
Chewing, sneezing, talking, brushing my teeth, drinking water, and blowing my nose (it's allergy season) all bring on a terrible attack.
Of course, my doctor is away this week so I am trying to soldier on until she gets back and we can figure out a way to treat it.
I now know that it is never cured.
It can go into remission for months or years, but it will keep coming back.
There are treatments ranging from medications to surgeries for it, but even the surgeries don't last forever.
My dad had this. He had MS and it is fairly common for MS patients. He had some kind of surgery.
My mom's dad had it and he had the nerve cut, which left his face numb on one side. That was in the 1960s.
Trigeminal Neuralgia is most common in women over the age of 50.
I am trying to remain optimistic and I am hoping that this flare-up will go away.
While I wait I am working on my Etsy shop, reading, and watching TV.
Life sure can throw some curveballs.





0 Yorumlar