Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Rainbow Dessert

Welcome to the Rainbow Dessert. (Yes, I know that you spell "Desert" with one "S", I just wanted to drive some people crazy!)

That's definitely a desert, but it doesn't make me think of a rainbow very much. Maybe rainbows are mostly reddish when they aren't ripe? Think of all the critters out there who want to bite you and sting you. Sneks. Tamantulas. Scorpilons. Gila Buddies. Most of them will calmly wait atop a rock butte, and then leap 20 to 30 feet so that they can attach their fangs (or stingers) to your neck. Then they slowly wrap you up in their silky webs and lay their eggs in you so that their larvae can eat you from the inside. 


It's a little blurry, but you can sort of see the cacti that happen to look a bit like the Seven Dwarfs. Hi ho!


Saguaros are some of the happiest cacti in the world - it's obvious from their upraised arms, indicating surprise, joy, and welcome. Aw, I'm happy to see you too, saguaros! How about a hug?


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar