Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

To Mum's & Back Again ................................ (Part Two)

Greetings lovely friends & readers

I paid 50c for the small china butter dish & the Yankee Candle was $4 - brand new!

 Long time readers of my blog will know that I love to scour the Op Shops in Mum's small town.  This visit I literally had to run around them as I waited for Mum's prescription to be made up.  I found the items above at 3 shops, Hospice, St Mary's & the SPCA ... I've put the prices beside each item.

I especially love the two tureens above that I found at the SPCA shop - minus lids but only $4 & $6 each. The china is W.H. Grindley & Co & each piece is number stamped.  I would like to make a candle up in the smaller one with 2 wicks & maybe fill the larger one with potpourri.

The beautiful vintage cushion cover that all my thrifted items are resting on was tossed to me by my friend Claire as I was leaving her Home.  Yesterday I made a calico inner for it & stuffed it tightly.  I really love the pattern & am wondering if it might be Sanderson Linen?

I treated myself to this beautiful Candle while down at Mum's with some leftover birthday money.  I have been given the Oakmoss fragrance before & absolutely loved it ... & I can verify that I still do !! 💗




The Mr informed me that it rained here nearly every day that I was gone & I can see the garden has come to life in the few days I was away.  The pram that I featured * here * is almost entirely surrounded by forget-me-nots & granny bonnets now.  The blossom trees are in full bloom . . . . . 

. . . . .  the clematis is in full bloom & my pots are flowering away merrily 

Beautiful vibrant Rhodohypoxis ...... I have 3 pots of this


I had sewn basil seedlings & these are now ready to be planted out & the 3 different varieties of tomatoes that I planted in plastic buckets have grown So much.


As I mentioned in my last post we are currently back at Level 3 Lockdown so the Daycare Centre is closed for Sid.  I have had him extra days last week & again this week.  We played dinosaurs on the floor & then we noticed that a really big black T-Rex had decided to join our game 😉

I took him in to town to the Park which was taped off & a big "Closed" Sign on it ... so we went to the local Rose Gardens & Sid ran around there for an hour 

On my 2nd night Home I was just about asleep when I heard this almighty crash that I thought was a bus driving into my lounge French Doors!!   Upon investigation I found my large oval mirror had fallen off the wall taking two glass fronted pictures with it & shattering my beautiful glass Fairy Dome.  There were splinters of glass & mirror shards everywhere to clean up.  I was none too impressed 😞


My second "accident" was when I noticed this small wooden table top was stained & swollen on one side. I had watered the plant that sat on it prior to going away & not noticed that the water had over-run the saucer causing the wood to swell. 


Fortunately I managed to get it smooth using the electric sander, repaint it & it is now back in place with a piece of Oilcloth underneath to prevent this happening again. 
I am hoping there's Not going to be a third thing !! 😉


Well dear friends, that's about me all caught up.
Yesterday I made a Fridge Drawer Stew as I had lots of veggies needing to be used up & I also made a 
Scroggin Slice ... so I think I might just go put the kettle on.
Thank You - as always - for your visits here today,
Remember to be kind to yourselves & to each other,
With much love & friendship to you all,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar