Well, under the circumstances, who doesn’t? The only ones who don’t -- to my knowledge -- are Dr. Robotnik from The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and that one evil maestro dictator guy from long-defunct animated series Oscar’s Orchestra (which I remember mostly because it starred a talking piano and had an episode paying homage to The Lord of the Rings. And again, a talking piano). So chances are that if you’re a living human being, you’re likely a fan of music in one form or another. Unless you’re planning on becoming some sort of wig-wearing fascist ruler.
Come to think of it, in a universe full of talking instruments, wouldn’t that effectively make you some sort of genocidal monster? Was that a sub-textual issue the writers were aware of? Is it possible that I blocked out the memory of on-screen instrumental murder? I mean, the opening has the bad guys detonating all music-related paraphernalia in a treble clef-shaped burst of smoke; who’s to say how many lives were lost, or how many panicked, pleading screams were heard?
…Then again, it does have a triangle-man who opened a portal to the past. So maybe I’m taking the source material too seriously.
At a glance, it DOES lend itself to philosophical discussion.
So I’ll go ahead and switch gears -- and proudly announce a new feature here on Cross-Up.



0 Yorumlar